Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A local NY State Trooper parks his cruiser in the handicapped space EVERYDAY, at the 7-11?

what should I do? if anything. Should I confront him? If the shoe was on the other foot, I am more than sure he would step to me!
Answer:
Tell him it's not for the mentally handicapped
Do NOT confront him unless you want a ticket or worse. Get the number of his car, exact location and the time and report him anonymously.
Take a pictue and e-mail it to Spizers office.
I would call and report it to the police anonymously or you will pay.......he is breaking the law and taking a space that was meant for someone else.....you don't even have to say it is a cop, just give the plate number, say you work there and have had several complaints......use a phone booth!!!!
Take down his cruiser number and his plate number and report it to your closest trooper station. This can and will be handled internally, and he will be reprimanded.

If you have a digital camera or a camera phone, you can prove this by photographing this for at least a few consecutive days, but the longer the better. Include them in your complaint.

You don't have to confront him personally. Just have the evidence and present it to his superiors.
I would note time, date, location, and car#. I would also take pictures and report him anonymously to the local department. Then, I would send the information to the local newspaper. If your cell phone has video, I would make one and post it on YouTube. This may sound like overkill on my part, but my father is handicapped, and you would not believe how much trouble we have finding a space sometimes. People who shouldn't be parked there infuriate me. The fact that a trooper does is is inexcusable and a blatant slap to the citizens he is supposed to protect; it says 'You better obey the law, but I don't have to, and there is nothing that you can do about it.' Creep.
Under no circumstances would I confront him. You would only come off the worse for it.
Good Luck. I hope that if you take any action, you update us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net