Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A man said he was going to violently kill a dog, what should I do about it?

My boyfriend works at a restaurant. He was talking with a guy he works with, telling him about his dog died today.

This guy responded with
"Oh yeah, my friends dog needs to be put to sleep too. He can't afford it so I'm just gonna to slit the dogs throat for him." (laughing a little)

My boyfriend said he wasn't sure what to say, so he didn't say anything at all.... (which makes me mad!)

He said they were talking about hunting, and he said that he couldn't buy weapons because he was a convicted felon. So, I'm assuming that even though this guy was laughing, he could be pretty serious about this.

What can I do? Is there anything I can tell my boyfriend to tell him?? Anywhere they can take the dog to have it done for free? Should I report this?
Answer:
i wouldn't report it. especially, since you don't know the person. for all you know, he could be totally lying just to see how your bf would react. people do that kinda stupid sh*t all the time. if that's the case, he, for sure, got you all up in a stir. in any case, if you're still interested in helping the poor pup, contact the humane society and/or the spca for info on free/inexpensive euthanization services for pets in your area. or, maybe you could offer to adopt the dog, yourself?
Animal Shelters will take the dog for free. Just tell them it's not yours if you don't want to pay the drop off fee.

People that kill animals are dangerous. Statistic wise, serial killers and other dangerous people abused/killed animals.
I would call the authorities first and give them the details. I'm pretty sure that would fall under cruelty to animals.
you can report this guy to the police because that is animal abuse and is a serious crime!
The cops probably wouldn't do a damn thing if you DID report it.

What was the explanation for needing to put down the dog? Couldn't they just put it up for adoption instead? Slitting its throat would make for a messy, painful death. That man should never be allowed to procreate..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net