Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A print vendor printed my project without written consent / approval. What are my legal options?

A print vendor was selected to print my project. I approved the proof (with signature) and requested verbally to attend the press check. However, the printer completely printed the job without notifying me of the press check. To make matters worse, there were design errors on the project. The vendor is wanting full payment, but I stated I would not pay due to not providing a signed agreement to go to press without my presence. Who's right? What are my legal options?
Answer:
if you remembered to patent the piece then you have recourse. refer to and/or retain a lawyer.
You don't say who made the design errors. You don't say whether your approval before the print run was an express part of the job or whether it is generally done in your business. In my experience approval of a proof is generally is a "go" signal to the printer. Suggest you talk to a lawyer to whom you can show %26 explain all the facts.
Depends on what the contract states. You may want to get a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net