Saturday, October 24, 2009

10 month old gets Gun permit - what do you think?

I had to laugh! A father put in for his 10 month old kid to get a gun permit - and got it! Must be a really tough neighborhood!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/us/05/15/baby.gu...

Although the dad did this mainly on a whim, I can see that this kid will not grow up to be a victim in the making like most other kids are. He will at least know how to use a gun and be able to protect himself and others with it. Whether or not he chooses to keep using it during his adult life, at least he can make a decision on it. I give kudos to his dad for doing it. The earlier you learn about the proper use of guns and weapons, the least likely you are to actually use them.
Answer:
No one under 18 should be given a gun permit to purchase a weapon.

That being said, I believe that children who are mature and responsible enough to learn should be able to learn how to utilize a gun if they should need to.

My family are hunters. My brother started learning to use a gun at a young age, because he wanted to hunt. At 13, my brother would never leave a shotgun or rifle loaded or in the reach of a child.
I think no one under the age of 18 should be able to have a gun permit. Possibly even 21. If you can't drink before you are 21, why can you have a gun? That does not make any sense to me.

I think whoever is supposed to be doing checks on people before issuing permits should be investigated. There is no way this should have happened.

However, I agree with your sentiments about the anti-victim mentality, and the training on proper use of weapons. That is quite correct, in my opinion.
The earlier they learn about guns and gun safety, the better. I hate to see the anti-gun people that think that guns are evil objects and are only made for murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net