Saturday, October 31, 2009

A few days after we arrived at our hotel we noticed Pesticide men fumigating the room next door to ours. The r

I asked the Manager what was happening %26 he informed me there had been an outbreak of Bed Bugs %26 asked me %26 my husband if we had been bitten. We said we had noticed a few minor bites but had put them down to usual pesky little bities encountered everywhere in the world. He asked the Pest Controller to check our Bed-head. They could not find anything. The Manager then showed me a sample insect in a plastic bag %26 advised that we should inform him if any of these insects became obvious. During the following week I noticed a brown insect climbing our bedroom wall. I collected the sample %26 took it to the front office. They inspected the insect %26 told me it had wings %26 was unlikely to be a Bed Bug. Then yesterday 22 April, I was sitting on the bed when I noticed in broad daylight a little brown creepy crawly moving up my T shirt. I
Answer:
Pleasant dreams folks
change hotels.
You usually don't see bedbugs, just feel them and see the bites. They are small and in the matress and you won't see them in broad daylight usually. If you have red bumps that follow your veins, those are bed bug bites.
Geezzzzz.... get out of that hotel. Not only are you getting bitten, you could bring some of those critters home with you and get your home infested.... I would have not spent another night there knowing there was insect infestation.....
Call the local Board of Health, if you are allegic to pesticides, you may even have a lawsuit..Go to Human Ecology Action League or (HEAL the acronym) Take pictures, get a specimen! A lot of people are getting sick after they have left those infested hotels and don't understand why they are now ill! Make sure you get a refund and abetter accomodations!
Bedbugs are attracted to white fabrics, so if your shirt was white, it may be that a bedbug was on you.
Most bedbugs are shaped more or less like a watermelon seed, and about the same size, or smaller. There are actually 14 different types of bedbugs. Some of them can make you pretty sick.
I was bitten several years ago buy a conenose bedbug while I slept. We had white sheets, which we had brought in from the line outside. I ended up in the hospital for four days.
I would move to a different hotel, definitely. Also, check to make sure that none of them have made their way into your clothing, or your luggage.
Bedbugs are reappearing quite frequently now, hitchhiking on peoples luggage as they move from place to place, and country to country.
Good luck, and keep your eyes on the lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net