Saturday, October 31, 2009

4.Are hackers dangerous cyberterrorist or harmless pranksters?

Are hackers dangerous cyberterrorist or harmless pranksters?can anyone give me opinions and evidence...plizz
Answer:
Every single hacker should be tracked down and charged as a cyber-terrorist. There's one UK hacker who has been charged with hacking into the US's military computer network. I hope he gets dragged off to the States any day soon and faces the charge there of which he is guilty in an English court. I want him banged up for at least forty years, hopefully he and his kind will simply die in jail. Good riddance.
the guy above is talking about a fella who showed all the floors in the U.S governments system and it was said he was a risk to national security , yet he is not . most hackers i would say are harmless .
Here is my take on your question. Most hackers are harmless pranksters and an extremely small percentage are dangerous cyberterrorists. The problem is three-fold. 1) It is impossible for the victim of a hacker attack to know whether the hacker is a terrorist or prankster. 2) Techniques of hacking developed by pranksters can subsequently be exploited by terrorists. 3) Pranksters with extensive hacker experience might someday become terrorists or be exploited by them.
'Hacking' something means using it for a purpose it was not originally intended for, or using it in a novel way to achieve a new purpose. Example: "I hacked my toy robot to bring me beer," or "I hacked my old video game controllers to work with my PC"

What you are referring to is 'breaking and entering' or 'trespassing', and is something entirely different.

See MAKE magazine for examples of modern-day hacker projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net