Saturday, October 31, 2009

A bananna display, a dog, anda sheep?

Earlier this morning I was working on my uncle's farm. In his farm he has sheep, chickens, horses, etc. While i was brushing his dog One of his sheep broke out of its pen and ran off. By the time I found him he was causeing havoic in a local grocery store. He got into the store and wrecked this really big bananna display that was by the front door. HE ate and vomited up all the banannas . My question is how much trouble can me and/or my unlce get into with the grocery store? And also can we go to jail or get sued? Only serious answers only.
Answer:
As far as "trouble", I don't see any criminal intent so I would have to say no from a law point of view, but civil responsibility is the real issue here. Your uncle is responsible to maintain control of his livestock and the grocery store owner has every right to seek actual damages. If the damage was limited to eating a banana display and making a mess, I would think that a local farmer and a local grocery store owner ought to be able to work out an amenable settlement.
I would think that you would be liable for the damages to the store but I don't think it could be a criminal charge though I am not sure what country you are in, maybe Australia or NZ. I think it would be fair to pay for the damage, at least reasonable damages.
You/your uncle, as owners of the unruly animal, will be held accountable for the damaged display, fruit that was destroyed or damaged and the clean up involved.

The owner could sue, but I doubt that an arrest is in order.

To avoid legal action, call or go talk to the store owner and make arrangements to make restitution as soon as possible.

And fix the pen that pesky sheep is in. 鈽?
Probably won't go to jail, though their might be criminal fines for letting the animal get loose. Your uncle is responsible for the damage the sheep caused. If he wants to avoid being sued, it would be a good idea for him to contact the owner, or the general manager of the store, and work out some sort of compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net