Saturday, October 24, 2009

(How or where )can I go about having a record ex sponged? (its not a felony)?

I trying to get this job, but this is preventing the process.so where do go?to get this removed form my record? case was in 2004
Answer:
The word is "expunged"

Contact the probation department or courts in the county in which you committed the offense. They can give you information on getting your expunged.
Were you a minor? Usually records are only expunged if you were a minor at the time of the conviction; and it also depends on the level of government that dealt with the crime (eg, local, state, federal).
I had this same problem with a felony. I wrote the attorney general about mine. Yes, I actually got a fairly quick reply. I do not know the legal ins and outs in your case but, this is what a cop from SC told me to do and it worked for me. I got the job also.
Depending on your jurisdictions laws, you can have your record expunged along as you have not committed any other crimes since the 1st. You can check with your local court and they will direct you as to the process.
Well from personal experiance if its juvenile you might have to pay an admin fee... could range between 100-250 dollars... but if you go to your local courthouse they will direct you from there... or go to your lawyer.... if you had a public defender then you have to go to the public defenders office...sometimes they will schedule a new court date.
it is not going to go away for employment purposes sorry

There are large corp that only purpose to collect public criminal data on every one is US, and sell that information to companies wanting to run back ground checks, those companies are under no obligation to remove that information even if your recorded is expunged

If you are in the system expunging will not remove you from the system

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net