Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Car pool/ public trans. day?

I believe we should have the last day of every month should be a car pool or public transportation day to help curb the crazy gas prices. Who's with me or do you have a better REALISTIC IDEA ? I stress 'REALISTIC'
Answer:
People should carpool and take public transport EVERY DAY.

Recently my husband and I started becoming VERY eco friendly. We take one car every day. Sure, there's the weird times but thats one car off the road. Just think is EVERYONE did this. Wow!! No more rush hour!!

There's so many other things to do also.
I take public transit EVERY day.
have all Americans not buy gas for one week that would cost the oil company's 2 billion dollars { yes 2 billion dollars } , they will lower the prices then but of course Americans won't and have to deal with the 6 dollars a gallon come the summer time - which is the latest estimates .
This would be very awesome! I commute 45 minutes each way every day. Unfortunately, in my state, there's currently no option for public transport. :( (There should be!!!) I have been searching for carpools, but there aren't any open and I can't find anyone to ride with me.

I think we need more public awareness of this and maybe more websites that help commuters connect with each other.

Good luck! :)
build more refineries, increase domestic drilling
That is silly because a there is little useful public transportation. Car pool only works if you live near people who work at the same place and same hours.

Here is something to chew on....Staggered starting work hours. Spread rush hour commutes over a longer time and reduce the number of cars per hour on the roads. It worked in LA during the Olympics.
I work from home - I "walk" to work every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net